Thailand, February 2 - 11, 2018
"Participating in the ECI program was a transformational learning experience. Program faculty, content and participants (!) were world class. The program was structured in a careful way with 'heart and meaning' being the essence of all teachings." Ewa Switala, HR Leader, Apple, ECI 2017
Offered in affiliation with UC Berkeley Executive Education, the Berkeley Executive Coaching Certificate Program is a ten-day intensive training for executives seeking to become better managers and leaders, as well as individuals interested in becoming executive coaches. Our certification program focuses on developing coaches who excel at the critical soft skills leaders require today – including empathy, professional intimacy, leadership presence and effective communication skills. Our executive coach training is an exclusive certification from UC Berkeley.
- 10 days (approx. 80 hrs.) of in-person instruction and training with Berkeley Executive Coaching Institute (Berkeley ECI) faculty
- Topics: authentic and inspirational leadership; coaching methodology and techniques; meditation and mindfulness; communication and storytelling skills.
- Private 1-on-1 coaching sessions with Berkeley ECI faculty coaches
- Coaching practicum – an opportunity to coach employees at leading companies
- 4 months of follow-up distance learning and online group sessions
- Access to a global network of leaders and experienced coaches
- Upon completion of program requirements, graduates receive a UC Berkeley certificate.
Fees and Registration
$17,500 Early Bird when you register 90 days prior to start of the program
A $2,500 deposit is required upon registration; payment plans are available. Please inquire about group discounts. Please note that discounts may not be combined.
"If you are interested in expanding your understanding of yourself and your role as a powerful change agent; if you want to access and understand your skills and ability to help others succeed; and if you want to learn how you can have a significant impact in a world that desperately needs you; I would encourage you to enroll in BECI."
- Matt Westendorf, Deputy Director, Stand.earth, ECI 2017
The Harvard Business Review recently gave these four reasons why managers coach :
- They see coaching as an essential tool for achieving business goals.
- They enjoy helping people develop.
- They are curious.
- They are interested in establishing connections.
Are you ready to invest in yourself as a leader and coach? HBR says, "Whether it’s because [managers who coach] are competing for talent, operating in a highly turbulent market place, trying to retain their budding leaders, or aiming to grow their solid players, they believe that they simply have to take the time to coach."
"I have applied my learning as a coach to my leadership role at my organization by changing the conversations I have with my direct reports. In our one-on-ones and check in discussions, I have started to ask questions when they come to me with a problem set or challenge (where they want direction or an answer), by asking questions like: “How are you thinking about addressing that?” “What could you do in this situation?” etc. In most cases my directs have better answers to their own questions than I could have ever offered! It is gratifying as a leader to see this, and I find it more relaxing to not be in the situation where I need to have all the answers, but to be helpful in empowering them to identify the best step forward. I now ask (and I rarely did this before) towards the end of our sessions, “How can I best support you?” and telling them things like, “You know what to do. Let me know how I can best support.”"
- TC, Head of Executive Search at a leading technology firm, ECI graduate
"The program holds up a full-length mirror to see ourselves even more clearly and focus on sharpening how we show up physically, emotionally and intellectually in our life. Everything experienced in this program is designed to probe, question and articulate what we value so we in turn can provide a space for those we lead to do the same."
- Valerie Hope, Lead Regional Director of Learning, Hyatt Hotels, ECI 2017
Hear from Participants
"The best investment you can make is an investment you make in yourself."
Janine Lee, Founder & CEO, Capture the Dream Inc., ECI 2014